Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The establishment of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as per guidelines of NAAC, is a major step in maintaining long term quality standards of the Institute. It acts as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-enhancement activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices and applies standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
Goals: To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Strategies: IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for a) Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks; b) The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes; c) Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society; d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning; e) The credibility of evaluation procedures; f) Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services; g) Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institution, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in Institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institution based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Institutions based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with State Quality Assurance Cells in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
IQAC Committee Minutes
|Academic Year||Minutes of IQAC|
|2020-21||IQAC Minutes 04.08.2020|